Why ISO 9001 is important?
ISO 9001 helps organizations ensure their customers consistently receive high quality products and services, which in turn brings many benefits, including satisfied customers, management, and employees.
Because ISO 9001 specifies the requirements for an effective quality management system, organizations find that using the standard helps them:
- Develop a Systematic Business Approach
- Create Satisfied Customers, Management, and Employees
- Provide a Scheme Work for Continuous Improvement
- Improved Productivity and Less Waste
- Gain Marketing OpportunitiesWhy it is needed?
The standard can be thought of as a business management tool an organization can use to drive value, improve its operations and reduce its risks.
Organisations who are certified can enjoy benefits like higher rates of survival and growth, increased wages, reduced waste, enhanced productivity, and improved health and safety performance.
Instant Market Recognition
- Requirements for risk-based thinking to support and improve the understanding and application of the process approach
- Increased emphasis on organizational context
- Responsibilities and involvement of the top management
- Following the market trend – to meet customer demands;
- Improved customer relationship with better management & control – hence increased sales and market share;
- Towards business excellence and profit sustainability – through knowledge management
- Reduced operating costs – through management & work standardisation, prevention of repetitive mistakes and reinventing the wheels.
Key areas that will be assessed during certification audit:
- Context of Organisation
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and determining controls
- Assessment of Risks and Opportunities
- Legal and other requirements
- Objectives and OHS program(s)
- Resources, roles, responsibility, accountability and authority
- Competence, training and awareness
- Communication, participation and consultation
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement